Slideshow

MARBELLA GAZETTE

Monday 1 August 2011

Kings Of Leon have promised to repeat their gig in Dallas after lead singer Caleb Followill walked off stage

Kings Of Leon have promised to repeat their gig in Dallas after lead singer Caleb Followill walked off stage - prompting rumours of a rift within the band.


Followill repeatedly complained that it was too hot to perform and that his voice was suffering because of it.
"My voice is completely 100% gone," he said during Friday's show.
After a few more songs, he announced: "I'm gonna go back stage for a second, I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer and I'm gonna come back out and play three more songs."
But he never did come back out, leaving the rest of the band to announce the abrupt end of their show while the audience booed.
The other members - Followill's cousin Matthew and brothers Nathan and Jared - were apologetic, and took to Twitter to vent their frustrations.
"Not so good morning 4 me today," Nathan tweeted. "Ashamed & embarrassed by last night's fiasco. Can't apologise enough. Utterly gutted. A million 'I'm sorrys'."
And Jared tweeted: "Dallas, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. There are internal sicknesses and problems that have needed to be addressed."
He added: "I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren't stupid. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."
However, a statement released by the band did not explain those other troubles, just saying Caleb had been suffering from heat exhaustion and dehydration.
The family rock band, known for hits including Use Somebody, said they would return to Dallas on September 21 to make up for the mid-show cancellation.
The Nashville-based four-piece also cancelled Saturday's concert in Houston. That show was rescheduled for September 22.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Marbella Golden Mile
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More